Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Welcome to the Back Seat

I see a lot of theatre. I like to pretend that I'm incredibly wise and know everything about it and can make very informed criticisms and suchlike, and sure, I do know some stuff. But mostly, I see theatre because I love it as an art form, more than any other art form there is.

And writing about it seemed like the natural next step. It's my thing. So what you'll get here is a highly uneducated and highly biased account of stuff I've seen. And even if I sound like I know what I'm talking about, I probably don't. Remember that.

Oh yeah, and my name is Jodi. I'm an arts PhD student, currently Canberra-based, relocating to Sydney soon, and I dabble in a bit of theatre myself (writing mostly, with a soupcon of acting). I'm really passionate about new Australian writing and Renaissance theatre and writing by women, but mostly I'm passionate about good theatre. Show me something that's awesome and I'll love it. I am, at the end of the day, a simple creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment